iLearn iLead Academy (defined below) respects the privacy and security of your personal information are important to us. We protect your personal information by maintaining physical, organizational, and technological safeguards appropriate to the sensitivity of your personal information. Except as stated herein, personal information may only be accessed by persons within our organization and other authorized third parties who require such access to provide you with the services indicated below.
2. PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
2.1 Information needed to use the iLearn iLead Academy Platform.
We collect personal information about you when you register to join our iLearn iLead Academy or when you provide it to us through other means (such as when you contact us). Without this information, we would be unable to provide you with education services. This information includes:
- Contact Information, Account, Profile Information. Such as your first name, last name, phone number, home address, email address, date of birth, bank account/payment account information, and profile photo of your child.
- Identity Verification, Background Checks, and Payment Information. Such as images of your government-issued ID (as permitted by applicable laws), your ID number or other verification information, and any background checks relevant to volunteering, work, or teaching at any of our iLearn iLead Academy locations.
2.2 Information voluntarily provided to us.
You may choose to provide us with additional personal information. This information may include:
- Additional Profile Information for your child. Such as gender, preferred language(s) and personal description, medical information such as allergies or medical restrictions, or any other relevant information in order to provide education service for your child.
- Other Information. Such as emergency contact information such as name, contact number, and copy of photo ID
2.3 Automatically Collected Personal Information.
When you use the iLearn iLead Academy Platform and Payment Services, we automatically collect personal information that is sent to us by your web browser. We use this information to better understand how users use the iLearn iLead Academy Platform and to improve the iLearn iLead Academy Platform to better meet your needs. The amount of information sent to us by your web browser depends on the browser and the settings you use. Please refer to the instructions provided by your browser if you want to learn more about what information it sends to websites you visit, or how you may change or restrict this. This information may include:
- Geo-location Information. Such as precise or approximate location determined from your IP address or mobile device’s GPS depending on your device settings.
- Usage Information. Such as the pages or content you view, searches for other profiles or Groups, Groups and Pods you have formed, and other actions on the iLearn iLead Academy Platform.
- Log Data and Device Information. Such as details about how you’ve used the iLearn iLead Academy Platform (including if you clicked on links to third-party applications or vendors), IP address, access dates and times, hardware and software information, device information, device event information, unique identifiers, crash data, cookie data, and the pages you’ve viewed or engaged with before or after using the iLearn iLead Academy Platform. We may collect this information even if you haven’t created a iLearn iLead Academy account or logged in.
- Cookies and Similar Technologies.
- Payment Transaction Information. Such as payment instrument used, date and time, payment amount, payment instrument expiration date and billing postcode, Stripe email address, your address, and other related transaction details.
2.4 Personal Information Collected From Third Parties.
We collect personal information from other sources, such as:
- Third-Party Services. If you link, connect, or log in to the iLearn iLead Academy Platform with a third-party service (such as Google or Facebook), you direct the service to send us information such as your registration, friends list, and profile information as controlled by that service or as authorized by you via your privacy settings at that service.
- Background Information. To the extent permitted by applicable laws and with your consent where required, we may obtain the local version of police, background, or registered sex offender checks. We may use your information, including your full name and date of birth, to obtain such reports.
- Additional Learners. If you are invited to the iLearn iLead Academy Platform by a User or Parent or enrolled in a Group or Pod on behalf of a Member, that Parent/User can submit personal information about you such as your name, age, home address, email address or other contact information.
- Other Sources. To the extent permitted by applicable law, we may receive additional information about you, such as references, demographic data, or information to help detect fraud and safety issues from third-party service providers and/or partners and combine it with information we have about you. For example, we may receive background check results or fraud warnings from identity verification service providers for use in our fraud prevention and risk assessment efforts. We may receive information about you and your activities on and off the iLearn iLead Academy Platform, or about your experiences and interactions from our partners. We may receive health information, including but not limited to health information related to contagious diseases.
3. HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
3.1 Provide, Improve, and Develop the iLearn iLead Academy Platform. We use personal information to:
- enable you to access the iLearn iLead Academy Platform and make and receive payments,
- supply you with requested services,
- perform analytics, debug, and conduct research,
- provide customer service and respond to your inquiries,
- send you messages, updates, security alerts, and notifications,
- for fraud detection and prevention,
- to carry out any other purposes that are disclosed to you and to which you consent.
3.2 Create and Maintain a Trusted and Safer Environment. We use personal information to:
- detect and prevent fraud, spam, abuse, security and safety incidents, and other harmful activity,
- study and combat discrimination consistent with our Policies,
- conduct security investigations and risk assessments,
- verify or authenticate information provided by you,
- conduct checks against databases and other information sources, including background or police checks,
- comply with our legal obligations, protect the health and well-being of our Learners, Hosts and Hosts’ employees, Facilitators and Facilitators’ employees, and members of the public,
- resolve disputes,
- enforce our agreements with third parties,
- comply with the law, respond to legal requests, prevent harm and protect our rights (see section 4.5),
- enforce our Terms and other Policies, and
- in connection with the activities above, we may conduct profiling based on your interactions with the iLearn iLead Academy Platform, your profile information and other content you submit to iLearn iLead Academy, and information obtained from third parties.
3.3 Provide, Personalize, Measure, and Improve our Advertising and Marketing. We may use personal information to:
- send you promotional messages, marketing, advertising, and other information based on your preferences and social media advertising through social media platforms,
- personalize, measure, and improve our advertising,
- administer promotional programs, rewards, surveys, sweepstakes, contests, or other promotional activities or events sponsored or managed by iLearn iLead Academy or its third-party partners,
- analyze characteristics and preferences to send you promotional messages, marketing, advertising, and other information that we think might be of interest to you, and
- invite you to events and relevant opportunities.
3.4 Provide Payment services. Personal information is used to enable or authorize third parties to use Payment Services:
- Detect and prevent money laundering, fraud, abuse, and security incidents.
- Conduct security investigations and risk assessments.
- Comply with legal obligations.
- Enforce the Payment Terms and other payment policies.
- With your consent, send you promotional messages, marketing, advertising, and other information that may be of interest to you based on your preferences.
- Provide and improve Payment Services.
4. SHARING, DISCLOSURE & RETENTION
4.1 Sharing With Third Parties.
We may share your information with third parties, such as when authorizing a third-party application or website to access your iLearn iLead Academy Account or participating in promotional activities by iLearn iLead Academy partners or third parties.
Where permissible with applicable law, we may use certain information about you, such as your email address, de-identify it, and share it with social media platforms, to generate leads, drive traffic to iLearn iLead Academy, or otherwise promote our products and services.
4.2 Sharing Between Members.
To help facilitate the formation of Pods or other interactions between Members, we may need to share certain information such as:
- When a Pod is being made or a dispute is submitted, certain information may be shared between Learner(s), Facilitator(s), and Host(s), including profile, name, names of any additional Learners, home address, phone number, email address, cancellation history, review information, age of Learner (unless prohibited by applicable law), dispute outcome (when applicable) and other information you choose to share and submit.
- When a Pod Contract is being formed, additional information is shared to assist with coordinating the formation of a Pod, such as your full name, pod start dates and end dates, Host name, Facilitator Name, Pod details, Facilitator services details, Hosting Space address and other related information.
- When a Pod is formed (i.e. Pod Contract is signed by all members of the Pod and all payments have been made), certain information is shared with the Learner (and the additional Learners they enroll, if applicable) to coordinate the Pod, such as your profile, profile picture, Hosting Space pictures, full name, phone number, email address, Hosting Space address and other related information
- When you as a Learner invite additional Learners to a Group or Pod, your full name, pod start dates and end dates, Host name, Facilitator Name, Pod details, Facilitator services details, Hosting Space address, and other related information will be shared with each additional Learner.
4.3 Information You Publish in Profiles, Groups, and other Public Information.
Certain information will be publicly visible to others, such as:
- Your public profile page, which includes your profile photo, full name, description, location, Hosting Space or Facilitator Services description, calendar availability, and additional information you share on your public profile.
- Public Groups pages may include any additional information that is shared by you within the group.
- Reviews, ratings, and other public feedback.
- Content in a community or discussion forum, post, blog, or social media post.
We may display parts of your public profile and other Content you make available to the public like Group or Pod details on third-party sites, platforms, and apps. Information you share publicly on the iLearn iLead Academy Platform may be indexed through third-party search engines.
4.4 Host Service Providers.
Hosts may use third-party services to help manage or deliver their services, such as cleaning services or lock providers. Hosts may use features on the iLearn iLead Academy Platform to share information about Learners and Facilitators (like Pod start date and end date, Names of Learners and Facilitators, and phone number of Learners and Facilitators) with such third-party service providers.
4.5 Complying with Law.
We may disclose your information to courts, law enforcement, governmental or public authorities, tax authorities, or authorized third parties, if and to the extent we are required or permitted to do so by law or where disclosure is reasonably necessary: (i) to comply with our legal obligations, (ii) to comply with a valid legal request or to respond to claims asserted against iLearn iLead Academy, (iii) to respond to a valid legal request relating to a criminal investigation to address alleged or suspected illegal activity, or to respond to or address any other activity that may expose us, you, or any other of our users to legal or regulatory liability, (iv) to enforce and administer our agreements with Members, or (v) to protect the rights, property or personal safety of iLearn iLead Academy, its employees, its Members, or members of the public. For example, if permitted due to the foregoing circumstances, Host and Facilitator tax information may be shared with tax authorities or other governmental agencies.
Where appropriate, we may notify Members about legal requests unless: (i) providing notice is prohibited by the legal process itself, by court order we receive, or by applicable law, or (ii) we believe that providing notice would be futile, ineffective, create a risk of injury or bodily harm to an individual or group, or create or increase a risk of fraud upon or harm to iLearn iLead Academy, our Members, or expose iLearn iLead Academy to a claim of obstruction of justice.
For jurisdictions where iLearn iLead Academy facilitates the collection and remittance of Taxes where legally permissible according to applicable law, we may disclose Hosts’, Facilitators’, and Learners’ information about transactions, Pod formations, Hosting Spaces, Services provided, and Taxes to the applicable tax authority, such as Host, Facilitator and Learner names, addresses, Hosting Space addresses, transaction dates and amounts, tax identification number(s), the amount of taxes received (or due) by Hosts and Facilitator from Learners, and contact information.
Some or all of the personal information we collect may be stored or processed in jurisdictions outside of Canada. As a result, this information may be subject to access requests from courts, law enforcement, governmental or public authorities, tax authorities, or authorized third parties in those jurisdictions according to laws in those jurisdictions.
4.6 Programs with Managers and Owners.
We may share the personal information of Hosts, Facilitators, and Learners such as Pod information, and information related to compliance with applicable laws such as short-term rental laws with landlords, management companies, and/or property owners (the “Building Management”), to facilitate programs with Building Management. For example, Pod information and personal information, including Learner contact information, may be shared with the Building Management of the building, complex, or community where a Hosting Space is located, to facilitate the provision of Host Services or Facilitator Services, compliance with applicable laws, security, billing, and other services.
4.7 Retention of Personal Information.
We retain personal information that we collect only as long as necessary for the purposes for which it was collected or to meet legal requirements (see Section 6.3). We destroy personal information when it is no longer needed.
4.8 Service Providers.
We may share personal information with affiliated and unaffiliated service providers to help us run our business, including service providers that help us: (i) verify your identity or authenticate your identification documents, (ii) check information against public databases, (iii) conduct background or police checks, fraud prevention, and risk assessment, (iv) perform product development, maintenance and debugging, (v) allow the provision of the iLearn iLead Academy Services through third-party platforms and software tools (e.g. through the integration with our APIs), (vi) provide customer service, advertising, or payments services, or (vii) process, handle or assess insurance claims or similar claims. These providers have access to your personal information to perform these tasks.
4.9 Business Transfers.
5. OTHER IMPORTANT INFORMATION
5.1 Analyzing your Communications.
We may review, scan, or analyze your communications on the iLearn iLead Academy Platform for reasons outlined in Article 3 of this policy, including fraud prevention, risk assessment, regulatory compliance, investigation, product development, research, analytics, enforcing our Terms of Service, and customer support purposes. In some cases, we may also scan, review, or analyze messages to debug, improve, and expand product offerings. We use automated methods where reasonably possible. Occasionally we may need to manually review communications, such as for fraud investigations and customer support, or to assess and improve the functionality of these automated tools.
5.2 Third-Party Partners & Integrations.
Parts of iLearn iLead Academy may integrate with or link to third-party services, not owned or controlled by iLearn iLead Academy, such as Google Maps/Earth, Stripe, DocuSign, or BuddyBoss. The use of these services is subject to the privacy policies of those providers. iLearn iLead Academy does not own or control these third parties and when you interact with them you are providing your information to them.
5.3 Your Rights.
You can exercise any of the rights described in this section consistent with applicable law. Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity and request before taking further action on your request.
5.4 Data Access and Corrections.
You are responsible for keeping your personal information up to date. You can request a correction to your personal information if you believe it is inaccurate. If you submitted personal information and would like to have access to it, or if you would like to have it corrected, please contact us using the contact information provided below.
5.5 Data Erasure.
In certain jurisdictions, you can request that your personal information be deleted. Please note that if you request the erasure of your personal information:
- We may retain your personal information as necessary for our legitimate business interests, such as the prevention of money laundering, fraud detection and prevention, and enhancing safety.
- We may retain and use your personal information to the extent necessary to comply with our legal obligations. For example, iLearn iLead Academy may keep information for tax, legal reporting, and auditing obligations.
- Information you have shared with others (such as reviews, comments, etc.) may continue to be publicly visible on iLearn iLead Academy platform, even after your iLearn iLead Academy relationship is canceled. Some copies of your information (such as log records) may remain in our database.
- Because we take measures to protect data from accidental or malicious loss and destruction, residual copies of your personal information may not be removed from our backup systems for a limited period of time.
While no organization can guarantee perfect security, we are continuously implementing and updating administrative, technical, and physical security measures to help protect your information against unauthorized access, loss, destruction, or alteration.
8. CONTACT INFORMATION